Overnight Baked French Toast
- 1 lb loaf French bread, cut diagonally into 1” slices
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 T light corn syrup
- Butter a 9 x 13” baking dish. Arrange the bread slices in the bottom.
- Beat eggs, milk, cream, vanilla, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Pour over bread slices, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, preheat the oven to 350 °. In a small saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup; heat until bubbling. Pour over bread and egg mixture.
- Bake in oven uncovered for 40 minutes.